Monday, April 6, 2009

My view on food and crash diets

I'm sitting here eating dinner and I am realizing I have some very distinct views on food and I got an urge to blog.



So for my diet I have been eating a decent breakfast (ever since I lost weight on my last diet I have become a major breakfast person), lunch tends to be lean cuisine or half a sandwich and a lot of fruit, and at dinner I have been filling 2/3-3/4 of my plate with veggies, an actual real serving of protein, and a little bit of carbs. Sometimes the salad is on the plate, if I'm particularly hungry it will be on the side so I'm eating more food, but its more veggies. Veggies are usually steamed sometimes with a little "I can't believe its not butter" and seasoning salt or garlic salt. Today cooked the vegetables and fish in a little EVOO. Salad dressing is always approx 30cal/serving or less, or just straight red wine vinegar. Why wreck good veggies with all that fat.



But back to the point of this blog my views on food.



1. I think that veggies are the best food on the planet. Period. I think that they should be eaten as often as possible as much as you can,and any diet that limits your veggies, I'm not a fan of.

2. I feel almost as strongly as fruit though maybe not quite as much because of all the natural sugars making them a little higher in calories.

3. I will always have a sweet tooth. Always. And its better for me to eat a cookie or two when the craving hits rather than breaking down and eating the whole package because I feel "deprived" later.



Ill add more later, this blog is making me hungry :)

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Kristin said...

preach on sista! That's why I think WW has worked for me. Many veggies are nearly free, so there is incentive to eat more and cookies can be had in moderation.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Wow, we agree on a lot. :-)