Thursday, March 3, 2011

The vegetarian project - day 1

Yup you read that right, I have decided to forgo meat for a little over a month. Alex and I were talking about what we were going to give up for lent (despite the fact we're not catholic). He chose swearing, and I chose meat. I know that lent doesn't start until next Wednesday, but since I already know that I am going to break the rule on Thursday for a mass consumption of corned beef, so I decided to start a week early to make up for the day off.

Today I had a fruit smoothie, a salad (my go to lunch for the past month and a half), and dinner was brown rice with sauteed mushrooms, roasted garlic, and alfredo sauce, with a side of broccoli and asparagus.

I'm WAY down on my calories for the day, and I am a little hungry, but I'll have a snack in a bit.

Here's to seeing how my body likes no meat until Easter :)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

eek! good luck!

Holly said...

Thank you!! I'm hoping I'll figure out some new ways of preparing veggies as well since mine are pretty routine.