Saturday, February 26, 2011

I'm hitting a brick wall

With my diet today. This is the first true "hungry" day that I have had since I officially started about a month ago. I think it is because I'm sitting at home with nothing better to do, but I am STARVING. I had breakfast about 4 hours ago, so I just ate lunch, but I want nothing more than to just re-eat my entire breakfast, and lunch all over again. It doesn't help that when I go to make myself something (that has been carefully thought out to get the maximum amount of flavor for my calories) I find that Alex has eaten half of the ingredients I was hoping to use. The loaf of bread we bought that I've only had 2 slices of? Just heels in the pantry. Sorry I'm not wasting calories on heels. The turkey lunch meat that I've had none of? Gone. Same with the cheese. HARUMPH!!!! The lettuce went twice as fast as normal because he would make himself big salads (and then not finish them) and we are out of eggs because he decided to hard boil 12 at one time (not that I don't like hard boiled eggs, but why tie up a full dozen on only one preparation??)

Ok bitch fest over. On a plus side of all of this, I have lost 14.5 lbs since my birthday. I am half a pound away from goal #1 (goal #1 changes the number my weight starts with AND takes me from obese to simply over weight). I am 10 lbs away from goal #2, the weight loss goal my Dr. set, and half way to my ultimate goal. I know that it is worth it to be a little hungry every once in a while, and that I can just go grab an apple, celery, carrots, or even have a more substantial snack since I'm only half way to my calories for the day. Just feeling a little grumpity at stupid husbands who can eat crap all day and still lose two pounds.

No comments: