Wednesday, June 1, 2011

So I'm having a baby...


Alex and I found out about three weeks ago, but we just had the first ultrasound today. Alex doesn't want me to post allllll of the nitty gritty details of the ordeal we went through to get to this point, but to summarize: It took 11 months and a little bit of medicine to get my cycles normal. Also I would not recommend Reproductive Science Center to anyone. But hey, I got my little octopus out of the ordeal, so it was all worth it. (If you really want to know the nitty gritty details shoot me an email or a phone call, he just doesn't want them up public)

Today I went for the ultrasound. After fighting a major backup on the freeway, and having the wrong appointment time written down (I was off by half an hour in my favor) we finally got to San Jose for my appointment. Up onto the table, and off with the pants. This was a wand ultrasound, so me and the doctor got very personal. First he was showing us the baby, and confirming that there was just one baby in there. Alex made him check a few times, since everyone has been wishing multiples on us. After that he turned on the video so that we could see the tiny heart beat. That was breath taking. I didn't know that something so small, it looked like a little blip on the screen, could completely steal your heart. I knew that they would be looking for the heart beat at this appointment, but everything I read said that you don't hear the heartbeat until after ten weeks. Well everything I read was wrong. As soon as he turned on the volume I was like, "Wait, we get to hear it too???" And he laughed and said, "Well if you stay still." And then I heard it. It sounded absolutely perfect. 150 BPM, perfect. I started crying, and laughing, and throwing off the machine :) Alex and I were both in shock and neither of us thought to take a video of the heart beat until I was putting my pants back on. I will DEFINITELY have to remember that for next time though.

Who knew something that is only a few weeks developed, the size of a blue berry, with flippers and a tail could utterly and completely steal your heart.

1 comment:

Ricky E said...

Something compelled me to hop on facebook after a couple weeks of avoiding it. It must have been to congratulate you both!!!! Can't believe it! So awesome!!! Hope we get to see you guys soon!