Saturday, June 25, 2011

10 week ultrasound

This past Wednesday Alex and I had our first appointment with the OB practice that will see us through out this entire pregnancy. (I had a few cycle issues so we went through a fertility clinic to actually get pregnant, shoot me an email if you want all those details). Anyways, so we went in for our first appointment. They seem like a good practice, a little busy (we had to wait for an US room for 20 min), but all around good. First we talked with the doctor about the pregnancy so far, any concerns I have (I'm hyper mobile in my joints and am already having really bad left hip pain so that is a little worrisome to me how things will progress), health history, etc etc etc. When we finally got our US my eyes were glued on the screen. Alex kept saying that he was going to record this one (since we were bummed that we didn't record the heart beat the first time we saw it) but he didn't... no idea why. Too bad though, because we had another first at this appointment. I was staring at the screen not really able to figure anything out that I was looking at (we had just recently seen the episode of Friend's where Rachel is crying because she can't see the baby on the US picture.. that was how I was feeling). The Dr. pointed out, "here is the head.. and here are the arms" ok.. I was kind of seeing what she was pointing to, but the baby just looked like a teddy bear. No sooner did I say this out loud, it gave a BIG stretch and I could see everything head, body, arms, legs, and the tiny nubs of fingers and toes. I started crying again :) She tried to snap a picture while it was, "looking cute" but unfortunately /just/ missed it. Ah well

So here they are, the pics of my baby/octopus/teddy bear/monkey (and I will fully admit that I was a bit upset that it looked so teddy bear/monkey like so I googled 10week US pictures. I do NOT recommend that!!! I did see some US's that showed me that yes it was supposed to look abnormal, but I also found a ton of pictures from anti abortion websites, not exactly what you want to see when you're up with insomnia.. Ugh!)


Next appointment is in a month, Alex is bummed because he won't be able to make it (Marine stuff), but such is life.

No comments: